Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Clinton Wedding

So Chelsea Clinton has married a Jew! Quite Frankly, I blame Jill Zarin, of NY Housewife fame. She famously went on national television and told the country that Jewish men make the best husbands. Well DUH! But that was supposed to be OUR secret. I also noticed that on the season premier of the NJ Housewives that Teresa told her daughter to marry a Jew because Jewish men cater to their wives. How did our secret get out?!?! We need a gag order immediately! These shiksa's will be invading synagogues soon! This is grave concern to this Yenta. I know a lot of single Jewish women who would love a nice single Jewish investment banker like Chelsea's new husband. Plus, he's tall! How many fantastic single Jewish investment bankers are tall?!? Honestly!

Or what about Donald Trumps daughter? She married a Jew last year, and actually converted for him and is famously keeping a kosher household! Good for them, but really, what about all the nice single Jewish girls in NY? I'm sure they'd like a piece of her hubby.

The least these shiksas can do is convert like Ms. Trump. If for no other reason than to prevent mass heart failure of old Jewish women around the world!

I will say that I was pretty excited to see a photo slapped across all major news outlets of Ms. Clinton and her beau walking down the aisle with him in a tallis. There is something so cool about being so open with your Jewishness. Its like he said to the world  "hell ya, I'm a Jew and I just married into a Christian poltiical family and NO I will not be changing my ways! Good for him! Keep on Jewing it up Jewy McJewerson!

But this begs the question: why is everyone marrying outside the religion? Now, full disclosure, I live with my non-praciticing Catholic boyfriend and we are looking to buy a condo and get married. However, in my case, it has been made very clear that all children will be Jewish and have their B'nai Mitzvahs. And like a good Yenta, I will make it clear that my heart will be broken if they date outside of the religion. (do as I say children, not as I do!)

But more on my particular situation later....

1 comment: