Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Little Yenta's Beginnings

Why should you read this blog? Because I feel that I will fill a space in the Jewish blogosphere. There are a lot of Jewish blogs out there, more than I could possibly ever follow. However, I have yet to find one that I identify with, and it's an interesting thing, as I don't feel that I'm unique. I was raised a Reformed Jew and now, as an adult on my own, I live as a semi-active Jew. I actually have my own synaogogue membership, which none of my peers can say!

Most blogs I found were centered on the various Orthadox sects, which I certainly don't relate to. I also was shocked to see that almost every single Jewish blog I came across was written by a man. Since when did all the Jewish women out there stop having opinions to share with the world? Are we not a group of women marked by our assertiveness? I was also bothered that very few Jewish blogs featured a healthy dose of humor or sarcasim, both of which I consider to be marks of good Jewish rambles.

So welcome to my blog! I don't make any promises that it will anything other than a little interesting! So enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment